This article will guide you on:
Using Newsfeed filters
A newsfeed filter is available on the classroom's newsfeed page. The filter can be used to filter the posts on which you have not commented on. Thus, letting you keep track of classroom's posts more efficiently.
Identifying New Posts
1. Whenever a new post is created, you can identify it in two ways:
- A fresh post count appearing alongside the name of the classroom on the home page, and
- A notification counter alongside the respective classroom name in the sidebar.
2. Click the classroom's name to view the new post.
Note: You can also access the classroom by clicking on the classroom name from the sidebar.
Identifying users who have seen a post
You can identify the users in a classroom that have seen a post added by you. Refer to the steps below:
2. Click Seen by of the post to get information of the users who have seen the post.
Note: The number of users who have seen the post are shown on the post itself. For instance, in the following screenshot the number "Seen by 2" indicates that two users have seen the post.
When a post has many comments and replies (known as conversation), Teamie will collapse these conversations and leave only latest 2 comments that are added to the post. This is done to avoid cluttering the newsfeed with too many comments in the newsfeed.
Reporting a post
Learners can report inappropriate posts. When a post is reported by any learner, post owner gets a bulletin board notification and can decide to delete the reported post.