Being a site administrator, you may have to add learners to classrooms whenever requried. So now you can do this task very quickly and add a learner to multiple classrooms in one go using Manage Membership tool.
Learners can be manually added to any classroom through the Manage Membership page and this can be done by site administrators only.
This article will guide you on:
Adding a user to multiple classrooms
You can perform this action only if you have access to the "Manage Teamie" section.
1. Click Sliding menu.
6. Search for the classroom you want to add the user to, by typing its name in the Add to classrooms text box. You must enter at-least three characters to search.
8. Click the classroom name which appears in the search result or Add all to select multiple classrooms. Repeat steps 5,6 & 7 to find more classrooms and add this user to those classrooms. Selected classrooms will appear in the memberships list with the default role of the user at site level.
9. We noticed that administrators were running into some trouble while adding users to required classrooms from their Memberships page. The main reason behind this was the name of two or more classrooms being similar or exactly same. This would lead them to make some additional efforts to figure out the correct classroom to add the user.
So, now you can easily search any classroom on the memberships page by the classroom unique code. Unlike the classroom name, any two classroom cannot have the same unique code. Thus, solving the problem in hand.
10. Enter the unique code of the required classroom in the search box. Then, press Enter or click Search icon to find the classroom that you are looking for.
12. Assign a Role of your choice to the user. This will determine the set of permissions this user will have in the classroom.
13. Click Save Changes to save the changes you have made to the membership of this user.
Note: Until you click Save Changes, the changes you have made will not take effect.
Removing a user from classrooms (canceling user's membership)
1. On the Manage People page, select a user that you wish to remove from the classrooms.
6. Once the change are saved, the selected user will be removed from all the classrooms and will no longer have access to them.
Accessing Manage Memberships page of a user from the user's profile page
You can get to the Manage Memberships page of a user from the user profile page too. Please refer to the step below:
1. Go to a classroom and click People to see the list of people added in the classroom.
3. You will be taken to the user's profile page. Click "more" on the user's profile page and select Memberships option from the drop-down menu.
4. Clicking Memberships will take you the user's memberships page, then read the article on Adding a user to multiple classrooms for more details.