As a learner, you will be able to read the SCORM lessons published by your instructor. Each SCORM lesson may vary with in its construction, so you may find each SCORM lesson to be different from the other one. The learner view of a SCORM lesson will include:
- The content overview which will provide you with an outline of the SCORM lesson
- The Read now button to start reading the SCORM lesson or to resume a lesson already started. You will also find a Read again button to read a SCORM lesson again, once you have completely read it.
- Overall status of your SCORM lesson. This will include the number of attempts you have made to read a lesson, your total score (in case the SCORM lesson consists of a quiz), total time spent for reading the lesson, and the status of the lesson (not started, in progress or completed).
This article will guide you on:
Accessing a SCORM lesson
1. Click Materials of the required classroom.
2. Click the required SCORM lesson.
3. The SCORM lesson will open in the expanded view from where you can read the lesson and view other important information about it. Content Overview will be shown with the quick stats as discussed in Viewing overall status of a SCORM lesson.
Reading a SCORM lesson
1. Access the required SCORM lesson.
2. You will be able to view lesson goals and content overview on the SCORM lesson landing page. Click Read to launch the SCORM content.
3. Depending on your site configuration, the SCORM content will open in the same tab or a new tab. If the SCORM content is launched in new tab, you can click anywhere on the original tab to refresh the page after completing the SCORM content. Take note that opening a SCORM course in multiple windows can cause you to lose your progress.
4. Go through the SCORM content and take any quiz, if included.
5. Once you have gone through the content, click x Close to close the iframe window and return to the SCORM lesson landing page. As soon as you return to the SCORM lesson landing page, your interaction will be saved for the SCORM package. Once you have started reading, the stats will get updated in the expanded view to show your progress: 'Not Started', 'In Progress', 'Completed'.
- Different SCORM packages differ in construction and may have different procedures to close down. For example, some SCORM lesson may have a close button at the end of the SCORM content, while other SCORM content might have some other exit or home buttons. But, we advise you to close the SCORM lesson only through the Close button provided at the top-left corner of the iframe for your interactions to be saved.
- If the SCORM content is launched in new tab, you can click anywhere on the original tab to refresh the page after completing the SCORM content. Take note that opening a SCORM course in multiple windows can cause you to lose your progress.
6. In the lesson expanded view, you can view your the update Content Overview or click Read to read the SCORM content again.
You will see the following quick stats:
- First Completed: indicates the exact timestamp you first completed the SCORM lesson.
- Completion Status: indicates the current status of the lesson, such as,Completed, In-progress or Not started.
- Attempts: indicates how many time you have accessed and read the SCORM lesson completely.
- Score: shows the mark of an attempted quiz in the SCORM lesson, if any. Else, system will not show any score.
- Success Status: indicates whether you have passed the associated quiz or not.
- Time Spent: Total time spent on reading the SCORM content. This will be the sum of time spent by you on all your attempts.
Please note, the stats for above fields may vary from one SCORM package to another and it completely depends on how the SCORM package has been designed to report back the above fields data to the LMS.
Quickly viewing the completion status of a SCORM lesson
You can see the overall progress of a SCORM lesson i.e. you can check the completion percentage of the SCORM lesson and if the lesson is not yet read completely, you can complete it and your overall completion percentage will be shown as 100 percent. Let's see how you can quickly check the completion status of a SCORM lesson.
1. Click Materials of the required classroom.
2. In the list view, a green tick will be present on the right corner of the SCORM lesson that you have completely read. You can click it to expand the SCORM lesson and then click Read again, if required.
3. In the card view, a percentage completion bar will be present for the SCORM lesson showing you the percentage of the SCORM lesson that you have read. If you have completely read the lesson, a green tick will be shown on the bottom-right corner of the card view along with the 100% Completed status.