Instructors can share posts (thought, question or homework post) with parents of the learners who are part of their classroom(s). These posts are known as parent posts as they allow instructors to communicate posts to parents of learners, without requiring the parents to be added to any specific classrooms/groups.
Note: In case a parent post is shared as an announcement, then parents will receive the notification either as a bulletin board notification, email, or both as chosen by the instructor.
As a parent:
- will not be able to view any comment/replies made on any parent post
- will not be able to like or see existing likes on a parent post
- will not be able to see participation, or take any action on the post
- will not be able to report the post
- Will be able to see the post content, including all attachments
- will be able to see any attached poll and its result, but will not be able to participate in the poll
- will be able to see the deadline for a homework post, but will not be able to Mark as done, or see the number of people who have marked the post as done
This article will guide you on:
1. On the homepage, tap the Newsfeed tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. On the Newsfeed tab you will be able to view all the posts from the classroom(s) that you are part of (if any) along with the parent posts. The parent posts, i.e, the posts that are shared from your child's classroom will be shown with a Parent label to easily distinguish them.
3. You can also access your child's classroom newsfeed from the Classrooms tab in their profile.
Take note that only the parents posts will be visible to you and not any other posts shared in that classroom. Furthermore, the post when viewed in your child's classroom newsfeed will not have the 'Parent' label as all the posts shown to you will be parent posts as you will not have any access to any other posts shared in your child's classroom, unless you are added to that classroom.
In case you are part of any classroom(s), then you will able to filter the posts on the main newsfeed using the following filters:
- All: To view the posts from all the classrooms, i.e your classrooms and your child's classrooms (selected by default)
- My classes: To view the posts only from the classrooms that you are part of
- Children classes: To view the posts only from the classrooms that your children are part of (i.e parent posts)