As a parent, you can track your child's activity within Teamie with ease. When you log into Teamie, you'll land on the parent home page. On this page, the name of your child who is associated with your account is shown in the form of a card.
This article will guide you on how to:
1. As soon as you log into Teamie, you will see a card your child on the home page.
2. You can see some quick stats on the card as listed below:
- The date and time on which your child last accessed the site.
- Count of upcoming To-Dos (tasks, assignments and quizzes) that your child has to attempt.
In case you are proud parents of more than one child and have enrolled them on Teamie, then you can check their activities by clicking on their name on the home page.
5. The ToDos section shows the child's upcoming Todos for the next 7 days along with a link to access the full calendar view of the child.
6. You can use the Show all events toggle to view your child's aggregate events (which includes lesson events and personal calendar events as well).
7. Tapping on an event will open a modal showing the events details along with its description.
8. The Classrooms listing lists all the classroom(s) of your child. Clicking on any classroom card will take you to that classrooms About page.
9. In case you have the permission to view a classrooms gradebook, then that option will also be available on hovering over the classroom card. Click on it to access that classroom's gradebook for your child.
Parents can have access to all the assignments that are shared with their child when they have access to their gradebook. Although, instructors can restrict this access by choosing to show or not show an assignment to parents in their child's gradebook.
By default, the Teamie calendar displays events of all of your children’s classrooms. However, you can filter the calendar events to view events of certain classrooms at any given point of time.
Let's see how you can access and view your child's calendar events.
1. Click the Calendar tab on the child's profile.
4. Click All Event Types filter to filter the calendar events on event basis. By default, all events are selected.
The events is further categorized into the following sections:
- Events: Apply this filter to view the list of events created in the classrooms
- Tasks: Apply this filter to view the list of tasks/homework that your child has completed or is yet to complete.
- Lessons: Apply this filter to view the list of lessons created by an instructor in your child's classroom. (Note: lessons without Available From and Available Till dates will not appear in calendar view.)
- Assessments: Apply this filter to view the list of assessments created in your child's classrooms.
- Sessions: Apply this filter to view information about the sessions created so far in your child's classrooms
5. To narrow down your search, you can tick/untick an event from the drop-down menu. This will filter the calendar view accordingly. You'll notice that the moment you un-tick some event types from the drop-down menu, events of such resources will start disappearing automatically from the calendar and you'll see the calendar events of the selected resources type only.
Your child’s Recent activities log shows a list of activities performed by him/her on different resources (like posts, lessons and assessments) within a classroom, in a chronological order.
This article will guide you on how to check the recent activities log of your child.
1. Click Recent activities.
2. On the Recent activities page, you will see the log of activities your child has done on daily basis.
3. Click Activity Type filter to select the type of activity you wish to filter. By default, the Activity type filter is set to --any--. To see the log of activities for your child's account, select Users from the Activity Type drop-down list and click Filter.
The following changes (made by administrators) can also be tracked through the Recent Activities tab on your child's profile page:
- Role change history
- Username change history
- First and Last name change history
- Email change history
- Change in any additional meta fields (if applicable for any Teamie site)
The Recent Activities tab will show the change log with the new and the old values, for adding and updating users, in a tabular format for quickly viewing the change.
4. In case you wish to know the number of lessons completely read by your child, then select Lessons from the drop-down menu.
8. Similarly you can view the recent activities performed by your child on different posts, when:
- he/she creates a new post (thought/question)
- he/she replies or add comments to a post
- he/she likes a post made by some other user.
9. You can also apply activity type filter with date range combinations. For eg: you may wish to know how many lessons were read in the current week by your child.
To do this, select Lessons filter first and then select This week filter from the Activities from - to field.