As an instructor, you can now view pending assessments that need to be graded right from your Assessments to be reviewed section and navigate directly from there to the all-new assessment grading page. The new interface will make it easy for you to grade an assignment and hence save considerable amount of your time.
This article will guide you on:
Viewing pending assessments that are due for grading
1. Click Assessments to Review icon at the top right corner of the screen to see the list of assessments that are due for grading. Assessments to be reviewed will be divided into two sections: Ready for Review and Ongoing:
In case, all the questions of a quiz are auto-evaluated, then it won’t appear in the Assessments to Review section because marking/grading would be done automatically as soon as learners make the submissions.
2. The Ready for Review section will display three kinds of assessments:
- Assessments whose deadlines have passed
- Assessments with at least one submission from all learners
- Offline assessments for which no marks have been entered yet
Hence, as an instructor we want you to focus on this section. That’s why the red badge shown at the navigation bar shows the number of assessments that are ready for review.
3. Ongoing section will display all assessments for which learner are making submissions and need to be graded. Once the deadline has crossed or all learners have made submissions, the assessments will be moved from Ongoing to Ready for Review section.
The Ongoing section is something you can look at when you have free time, just to see the progress learners are making.
4. You may hide an assessment from appearing in your Assessments to be reviewed section permanently by clicking its Dismiss button.
Note: Once dismissed, that particular assessments will never appear under Ready for Review section and you’ll need to go to Materials page and access that assessment for grading, so please use it with caution.
Grading submissions from your To-Dos section
1. In both the sections, you will notice a label right below the assessment name as 2 yet to grade or 1 yet to grade or something of similar sorts. This label indicates the number of learners who have made the submissions and their submissions are pending for review i.e. as an instructor, you can click this label to go to View Submissions page of that assessment to grade learner’s submission from your Assessments to be reviewed section directly.
2. The assessment View Attempts page opens. Click View Attempts next to the learner’s name to view the submission made by the learner.
3. On the learner's submission page, click info at the top right corner to see assignment instructions. Click again to hide instructions and continue the grading process.
4. In case, a learner has made multiple attempts, then you can switch between the different attempts using the Attempts drop-down and select a particular attempt for grading.
5. Go through the learner’s submission before you begin the grading process.
6. Enter the mark in the mark text box or use up/down arrows to enter mark. The score will be auto-saved.
It is also possible to enter grades or marks in decimals.
7. You can also leave feedback comments (text and audio feedback) using Comment area, if any.
8. Once you are done with grading one learner, you can move to next available learners for grading their submissions. To do this, click the learner’s drop down and select the next available learner from the list or click Next navigation icon which highlights the next available learner along with his/her profile image.
9. Go through the learner’s submission and enter marks. Marks will be auto-saved.
10. Once marking or grading is done for all the learners, click X to close the grading page. Clicking X will close the grading page and take you back to the View Submissions page of that assessment.
11. On the View Submissions page, you will notice that the learner’s submission has been marked or graded and marks can be published individually or in bulk. Click Publish Mark to publish mark of an individual learner.
12. In case, you wish to publish marks for all the learners in bulk then tick the Select to do bulk operations check box.
13. Selecting bulk operation checkbox will display additional options like Publish Marks, Publish Feedback and so on. Click Publish Marks to publish marks for all the learners whose submissions have been marked or graded. Once published, learners would be able to see their marks.
14. Click Yes, Publish to confirm.
15. Publishing Marks process starts after confirmation.
16. A confirmation message appears to convey that marks have been published for all the learners.