The Parent module allows a parent to view their children activities (such as last access report, grades & scores, upcoming events & deadlines, events that have passed, and recent submission made by the child for assessments) without being enrolled in their classrooms or having access to restricted information.
Note: For the parent module to work, parents and their children profiles should exist on Teamie.
This article will guide you on:
Assigning a parent to a child
1. Click Sliding menu at the top-left.
3. On the people listing page, search a child (a learner is referred to as a child) to which you wish to assign a parent. In this scenario, we are assigning a parent to a child named James Decosta. To search for a specific child, you can enter your child's email and click Apply as shown in the below screenshot.
6. Type the parent user name in the given text box and then choose a parent from the auto suggestion list.
Removing a parent from a child
1. Access the child's profile page by clicking on his/her name.
Importing Parent-Child relationship using bulk import template
The manual process of assigning parents to their children one at a time can prove to be quite cumbersome if the parent list is long. To avoid the manual process, you can use the Parent-Child relationship template to enter the parents and their children data just once and then initiate the bulk import process. This way you can assign all the parents to their children at once and save your precious time.
1. On the people listing page, click +Import Parent Relationship.
8. Once you have entered the required information in the respective columns, the excel sheet is ready to be imported into Teamie. Click Choose File to select the template.
10. Selected template will be uploaded shortly. Click Remove to remove the template in case you need to make some changes and upload later.
13. Once the import process is successfully completed, you will be redirected to the Manage People page, where you will see a confirmation message that the selected number of Parent-Child mapping is successfully created.