A classroom (also known as unit or module) is a place where all the learning activities takes place. It is a group of people and can have learners, Instructors and administrators. It has a newsfeed where discussions take place. Lessons and assessments are shared within it for the members to access. Usually, only administrators are given permission to add a new classroom.
This article will guide you on:
Creating a classroom
1. Click Classrooms on the top navigation bar and select the Start a new Classroom option from the drop-down menu. If you do not see that link, then most probably you do not have permission to create a new classroom. Contact your site administrator to grant you permission.
2. Type out the Classroom Unique Code, Classroom Title and Description. Classroom unique code can be a unique alphanumeric string along with special characters.
3. Click Choose File to select and upload a picture that represents the classroom. Recommended dimensions are 100x100 pixels.
Import Classrooms by using the bulk import process
Teamie offers bulk classroom creation when there is a need to create the new classrooms in bulk. The greatest benefit of classroom bulk import is to create multiple classrooms in one action rather than creating new classrooms through UI one by one.
The section provides a quick walkthrough of the bulk classrooms creation in Teamie:
5. The EXCEL template contains the following columns:
- Classroom Unique Code : Enter the classroom unique code. Classroom unique code can be a unique alphanumeric string along with special characters such as hyphen, asterisks, for example: GK_101.
Note: Classroom unique code is not case sensitive. For example, Science is a classroom whose unique code can be defined as "Science_102" , "SCIENCE_102" or "SCience_102". If you try to create another classroom with any of these possible combinations by using the bulk import, then classroom creation will not take place. Columns highlighted in red are mandatory.
- Classroom Title : Enter the classroom title.
6. You can repeat step 5 to add more classrooms.
7. Once you have entered the required information in the respective columns, the excel sheet is ready to be imported into Teamie. Click Choose File to select the template.
Updating classroom information
1. Click Classrooms on the top navigation bar and select a classroom that you want to update.
3. Click the fields (Classroom Unique Code, Title or Description) that you want to update and make the changes.
Changing classroom picture
1. Click Classrooms on the top navigation bar and select a classroom.
3. On the classroom's landing page (Class Feed), click more and select Edit from the drop-down menu.
Updating classroom unique code
1. Click Manage Teamie block.
4. Use the filters to locate the classroom. In this example, we are searching for the classroom “Software Engineering”. Refer to Unique Code and Title column to view the unique code and title of this classroom.
6. Check the classroom’s unique code on the classroom edit page.
Note: Teamie does not track changes made in the classroom unique code. So, you should save the current unique code information in your system for future reference.
Deleting a classroom
1. Click Classrooms on the top navigation bar and select a classroom that you want to delete.
4. Click Delete on the delete confirmation page to confirm that you want to delete the selected classroom.
5. A notification message appears to inform you that Classroom has been deleted.
Note: When a classroom is deleted, all content within that classroom is also deleted permanently (stuff like posts, lessons, assessments, gradebook etc.) and once deleted, content can not be recovered.