What is a Message?
Messages allow users to communicate with each other privately. As a user you will be able to send messages to other users who are in the classrooms that you are part of. Such users are also known as your connections and they appear in the People block of the classroom.
This article will guide you on:
Sending a message
1. Click Messages on the top navigation bar.
3. Enter the name of the connection, to whom you want to send the message, in the To field. Names of your connections that match the entered string in the To field will appear in a drop-down. Select the relevant connection from the drop-down. If you want to send this message to multiple connections, then enter their names in the same way in the To field. Multiple names will be separated by commas.
4. Enter the subject of your message in the Subject field and the text of your message in the Message box.
5. You can format your message and embed different types of media files or images in your message. For e.g. click on Insert embedded image to insert an image in your message.
10. Click Send message to send the message to your connection or click Cancel to cancel this action.
Reading a message
1. Number of unread messages appear as a flag on the message icon in the top navigation bar. Click on the Messages icon to view the list of unread messages.
2. Unread messages are highlighted with the text "new" mentioned next to the subject of the message. Click on the subject of the message to read the message.
Replying to a message
1. Enter your reply in the Message box that appears below the message.
1. Tick the messages you want to delete.
4. In case you want to restore the deleted message then click on the undone link in the notification message.
Note: If you refresh the page then the notification message will disappear and hence you will not be able to restore the deleted messages.
Deleting a message after reading it
You can delete an entire message or conversation after reading it.
1. Click Delete.
2. A confirmation message appears; click Delete if you are totally sure. The message will be deleted permanently.