This article will guide you on:
What is a Rubric?
A rubric is a great tool for Instructors. It is a simple way to set up a grading criteria for assignments. Not only is this tool useful for instructors, it is helpful for learners as well. A rubric defines in writing what is expected of the learners to get a particular grade on an assignment.
- A good rubric also describes levels of quality for each of the criteria.
- These levels of performance may be written as different ratings (e.g., Excellent, Good, Needs Improvement). Rubrics help learners and instructors define "quality."
- Rubrics reduce the time instructor spend grading learners work and makes it easier for instructor to explain to learners why they got the grade and what they can do to improve.
Editing a rubric
Note: The rubrics which are in use can't be edited.
1. Click Locker on the top navigation bar and select Rubric Bank from the drop-down menu.
4. Edit the fields that you need to update e.g. Title, Description, Scoring Options, etc.
Note: Points for a criterion cannot be more than the total points of the rubric. If there are multiple criteria, then the sum of the criterion points cannot be greater than that of the rubric.
2. Edit the scale label and points accordingly.
Note: Please ensure that the points for a rubric are the sum of points of its criteria.
4. A notification message will appear to inform you that Scale has been updated. Click Go Back to view the changes you have made.
Adding a rubric to an assignment
1. Navigate to the assignment to which you wish to add a rubric and then click Edit.
Grading learners using rubric
1. Click the Assessments of the classroom in which you wish to grade the learners.
2. Select an assignment to which learners have made the submissions from the assessments listing page.
5. Click Grade Using Rubric to grade the submission using a rubric.
Note: This button will appear only for assignments that have a rubric added.
7. The moment you select a scale, corresponding scores of that scale gets updated in the Pts (Points) column.
Deleting a rubric
1. Click Locker on the top navigation bar and select Rubric Bank option from the drop down list.
2. You will notice that the Delete button is not enabled for some of the rubrics. This is because these rubrics have been added to some assignments. So, the rubric which are in use can't be deleted.