Instructors or Learners can initiate a discussion in the form of a thought, question or a task post (learners are not allowed to create task posts) right from the lesson itself. The idea behind this is to initiate a discussion around a lesson.
This article will guide you on:
1. Tap Classrooms menu option on the newsfeed screen.
2. Tap on required Classroom / Social Group from the Starred / Classrooms / Social Groups tab.
3. Tap on Materials tab if you have been redirected to Posts screen by default. On the Materials screen, you will see all the published materials (lesson and assessments) organized within the sections.
4. Tap EXPAND SECTION to see the list of lessons and assessments of the selected section.
Tip: You can also filter all the lessons of the classroom by using the "All Lessons" filter.
5. Tap See More link to see the full description of a section. Tap See Less to hide this view.
6. Tap Discussion button to initiate a discussion. In this case, a post will be created and tagged with the lesson named "Verbal Communication".
7. On the Discussions tab, tap Plus (+) icon at the top right corner and select a Post Type to initiate a discussion.
Note: Learners are not allowed to create a task post.
8. In the post sharing form, you will notice that the classroom to which the lesson belongs to, has been selected by default and the lesson is automatically tagged in the post.
9. Enter the post text.
10. Tap the Attachment icon and start adding attachments, take photo or choose existing photo, record video or choose existing video, record audio from the new Choose Attachment section.
You may attach the following items to a post:
- Attach Photo/Video - attached photo/video from your device.
- Camera - Capture photo/record video and attach to the post
- Audio Recording - Record a audio on your device and upload it
- File - attach files to your post
- Materials - attach materials (published) from your classroom
11. Tap the "POST" icon at the top-right corner of the screen. The post creation process starts and your post will be shared shortly.
12. Once the post is shared successfully, the Discussions counter gets updated to reflect the exact number of posts that have the lesson as a tagged resource.