If a quiz includes any auto evaluated questions (like multiple-choice, true/false, fill in the bank, one word and match the following questions), those questions will be automatically graded. If the assessment includes any open-ended questions (i.e. short answer or subjective), those questions must be manually graded by the instructor. When you are finished manually grading open-ended questions, you can publish the marks so that learners can view their marks and grades.
This article will guide you on:
1. On the home page, hover your cursor over the required classroom and click Materials.
2. Materials page is the place where you will see all lessons and assessments clubbed together and categorized into different sections. Click View attempts button of the required quiz.
3. This table shows the list of all the learners along with their submissions status.
1. Access quiz submissions listing page of the required quiz.
2. Click View Attempts link shown next to each learner's name to view the submission made by that learner.
3. You will see the number of questions answered and the total time taken by the learner to finish the quiz, on learner's view submission page.
4. By default, Teamie considers learner's most recent attempt for grading.
5. Click the Attempts drop-down to view earlier attempts made by the learner.
6. You may also navigate to other learner's submission by clicking on the learner's drop-down at the top left corner and then selecting the required learner's name from auto populated list.
A tick mark is added infront of learners to indicate that their attempts have already been reviewed. This means that you will be able to view the learners whose attempts you have not yet reviewed from the dropdown itself and quickly navigate through them.
7. Alternatively, you can click the Next icon to view next learner's submission, available for grading.
The learner attempts page also had navigation icons for the next and previous learners attempt. Indicators are also present to show if the next or previous learners attempt is already reviewed or is pending for review. This is done with the help of a tool tip that will show the review status of the next/previous learners attempt.
Furthermore, if a learner is already reviewed, their next or previous navigation icons background color will be changed to indicate the same.
8. After you have navigated to the required learner's submission page, (either by selecting learner's name from drop-down list or using previous / next icon), you would be taken to that learner's submission page.
9. Click Previous icon in case you wish to view previous learner's submission.
You can view question level statistics of each question in the Statistics tab.
1. On the View attempts page of the quiz, click Statistics tab.
2. As an instructor, you would be able to see each learner's progress at question level who have made submission(s) to the quiz. By default, questions are shown in default order (the order in which questions were created by the instructor).
3. Click Sort by difficulty drop-down field to sort the results by Easiest First and table content will be reorganized accordingly. Easiest questions are the ones that majority of learners get right.
4. Similarly, click Sort by difficulty drop-down field to sort the results by Toughest First and table content will be reorganized accordingly. Toughest questions are the ones that majority of learners get wrong.
5. As an instructor, you may apply filters to sort the results as per your requirement. Please read this article "Applying filters" for more information.
6. The greyed out dot represents that the open ended question is yet to be reviewed and graded.
7. Click View link to view the learner's submission from Statistics page and grade the open ended questions which are pending for review.
8. The x icon represents that learner answered the question(s) incorrectly.
9. The tick mark icon represents that learner answered the question(s) correctly.
10. You may see the question's overview by clicking on the pie chart. A pop up appear which shows the following stats:
- Question text and its point
- Number of learners who answered the question correctly/incorrectly (in percentage)
- Highest point
- Avg. time spent by a learner to answer the question
- Lowest and Avg. point
Point here represents marks allotted for each question. This term may vary from client to client.
11. Click View Classroom Performance to view each learner's statistics at a question level. This helps in viewing a question's statistics for all the learners at a glance.
12. Clicking View Classroom Performance button will take you to the Question Statistics page. This is the overview page showing how the class is doing for a particular question. Here, you can find out the list of learners who got the answer right/wrong along with their marks information.
In case of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Match the Following (MTF) questions, Response Distribution statistics will also be shown in addition to aforementioned information.
Under the Response Distribution, you will be able to see the percentage along with the number of learner(s) who have chosen that response.
13. Click Next / Previous icon to view other questions statistics in detail.
1. Click View attempts button of the required quiz to see the list of learners along with their submission status.
2. On the submissions listing page, click View Attempts link shown next to each learner's name to view the submission made by that learner.
3. Click the Attempts drop-down to view earlier attempts made by the learner and choose an attempt for deletion.
4. Once you have selected the attempt for deletion, click Delete this attempt icon.
5. Click Yes, Delete! button to confirm and delete the selected learner's attempt. Click Cancel to go back.
Please note, deleted attempt(s) can not be recovered / restored.
6. The learner's attempt would be deleted and you would be brought back to the view attempts page where you can see the total number of left out attempts made by that learner.
As an instructor, you always have the choice to select a particular learner's attempt for grading, when a learner has made multiple attempts to the quiz. By default, Teamie considers learner's most recent attempt for grading.
1. On the submissions listing page, click View Attempts link shown next to each learner's name to view the submission(s) made by that learner.
2. You may see the number of questions answered and the total time taken by the learner to finish the quiz, on learner's view submission page.
3. Go through learner's attempt before considering an attempt for grading.
4. In case, you wish to consider any of the earlier attempt made by that learner for grading, then click the Attempts drop-down and select the attempt of your choice. Then tick mark Consider this attempt for grading checkbox.
5. The selected attempt would be considered for grading.
1. On the submissions listing page, click View Attempts link shown next to the learner's name to view the submission(s) made by that learner.
2. Go through learner's attempt before starting the grading process.
3. If the quiz includes any open-ended questions (i.e. short answer or subjective), those questions must be manually graded by you (the instructor).
4. Enter the score for each open ended question. The moment you enter score for each open ended question, the total Mark will be updated automatically.
5. You may also add comment (textual / audio) to the learner's submission while grading an attempt. To add textual feedback, enter text in the Enter your comment here text box.
6. Click the microphone icon to record audio comment.
7. In case, browser prompts for an authorization before accessing your system's microphone, then please allow the browser to access your system's microphone and click Record button to record the audio comment. This is one time authorization.
8. Click Stop when you are done recording your audio comment.
9. Click Play icon to playback the recorded audio comment, before adding it to the learner's submission.
10. Click Delete icon to delete the recorded audio comment and record the new audio if required.
11. Click Submit to add the comment (textual or audio or both).
12. By default, comment(s) added by an instructor would be visible to the learners.
Comments will be organized chronologically, older comments would be appearing at the top and recent comments would be appearing at the bottom.
13. In case, you don't want learner's to view the comment(s), then untick make this visible to "username" checkbox and learner won't be able to view the comment(s) until you publish it.
As an instructor, once you have graded learner's submission, next step would be to publish their score.
1. Click View attempts button of the required quiz to see the list of learners along with their submission status.
The label "1 yet to mark" shows the number of submission(s) pending for grading.
2. Click the Publish Mark button of the corresponding learner. Once the mark is published, that learner would be able to see the marks (score) on the "View my attempts" page.
3. Repeat step 2 to publish other learner's marks whose submission(s) have been reviewed and graded.
4. Click Unpublish Mark button to unpublish marks.
In case, an instructor has created a quiz and allowed learners to make multiple attempts (for example, learner can make up to 5 attempts) to the quiz.
Now, let's assume, a learner made first three attempts and yet has the chance to make another two attempts. In the meantime, as an instructor, you have graded any of the learners attempt and published their marks, then learners will not be able to retake the quiz even when the maximum number of attempts value is not yet reached, because once marks are published, learners can not make any attempt. To allow learners to make another attempt, you may just grade learner's submission and also may add feedback on any of the attempt made so far, but you should not publish their marks. This will allow learners to retake the quiz after seeing instructor's feedback and then you may consider the recent attempt for final evaluation, grade it and publish mark.
1. Access quiz submissions listing page of the required quiz.
2. On the submissions listing page, you would see a field "Select to do bulk operations", tick mark this checkbox.
3. Selecting this checkbox will invoke the bulk operation actions like Publishing and Unpublishing marks, Publishing and Unpublishing feedback, Removing attempts and Sending reminder.
4. All learners are selected by default when bulk operation actions are invoked.
5. Select the learners whose marks to be published, then click Publish Marks button.
6. Click Yes, Publish to confirm and publish the marks for the selected learners. Else, click No, cancel to go back.
7. Clicking Yes, publish will initiate the marks publishing process.
8. A confirmation message appears stating that the marks have been published for the selected learners.
9. To unpublish the marks, select the learners, then click Unpublish marks button.
1. On the submissions listing page of the quiz, select the learners whose feedback needs to be published, then click the Publish feedback button.
2. Click Yes, Publish to confirm and publish the feedback for the selected learners. Else, click No, cancel to go back.
3. Clicking Yes, publish will initiate the feedback publishing process.
4. A confirmation message appears stating that the feedback have been published for the selected learners.
5. To unpublish the feedback, select the learners, then click the Unpublish feedback button.
1. On the submissions listing page of the quiz,, select the learners whose attempts you wish to remove and then click the Remove attempts button.
2. Click Yes, remove to confirm and remove all attempts made by the learner(s). Else, click No, cancel to go back.
In case, you wish to remove a single attempt of a learner, then read this article "Removing a single attempt of a learner" for more information.
3. Once you confirm, system starts removing the selected learner(s) attempts.
4. A confirmation message appears stating the learner(s) attempts have been removed.
As an instructor, you may need to remind learner(s) sometime to make the submission to the quiz, if they have not yet started or have kept their submission in draft mode, before the deadline. However, as an instructor, you may have several other cases where you want to send an email to a group of learners regarding the submission even after they have made an attempt - a common one being the instructor requiring a particular group of learners to reattempt the quiz. So, you can do that too, i.e, send email to group of learners who have already made an attempt by using this feature. Let's see how to do this.
1. On the submissions listing page of the quiz, select the learner(s) who needs to be reminded and then click the Send reminder button.
2. In the Send Email template, add your response in the text box below.
3. Click Send Email button to send the email for the selected learner(s).
As an instructor, you now choose to send the learner notifications to their parents as well. This will be practically cc'ing the parents on learners notification and keeping them apprised.
Note: This is an optional feature and can be enabled on your Teamie site on request.
1. On the submissions listing page of the quiz, click Download Attempts button to download all the learners submissions.
2. Downloading submissions process starts.
3. Once the download submissions process is completed, click to open and extract the .zip file in your local system.
4. Once the .zip folder is extracted, you may open it to view the submissions details of each learner. If any attachments are present in the learners' submissions, then folders will be present with their naming containing those attachments. Else, only a consolidated Submissions PDF will be present for the submission details of all learners at one place.
In case, if a quiz is shared with multiple classrooms, then system will create that many folders after .zip is extracted for respective classrooms. Navigate to the required folder to view learners submission.
5. The consolidated PDF file will have the submission details of all learners at one place. Open the submissions pdf file to view each learner's submission who have already made the submission to the quiz.
The folders, created by learner's name will contain the file submissions made by the learners to the quiz. In case, no file submission is made by a learner, no folder will be created for that learner.
Note: Youtube links and Google drive documents are not downloaded.
We also have a site-level setting to hide individual user's attempt details in the PDF export of the assessment which can be enabled be from our end. If this setting is enabled, the submissions.pdf will not contain individual attempt details and will just be a summary table of all the users. Any uploaded attachments will continue to be present in the folders labelled with the learner name (along with a question number for a quiz).
1. On the submissions listing page of the quiz, click Download Report button to download the report for all the learners submissions.
2. Once the download submissions process is completed, click to open the excel file in your system.
3. The downloaded report will have the report of the attempts made by the learners as shown in the following screenshot.
4. Click the down arrow and then select Download Detailed Report.
5. Open the downloaded excel sheet to view the detailed report for the quiz submissions. In addition to the report of all the learners' attempts, the detailed excel report will have the score and responses for each questions as well. The report will have the data in three tabs - Summary, Attempts and Responses.
An administrator (who is part of a classroom) will see the learners primary identifier details (email / username) as well in both the quiz attempts report and detailed report (all three tabs).
As an instructor, you can apply a variety of filters on the view attempt page of a quiz.
1. By default, system shows all the learners along with their submission details, on the view attempts page of the quiz.
2. You may search for a specific user by typing user's name in the Name search box and the table will show up the matching results.
3. Similarly, you can sort the learners list by their First or Last name.
Note: By default, learners are listed in alphabetical order by their first name.
4. Click Last Name to filter learners list by their last name in ascending order.
5. Click Last Name filter again to view the learners list in descending order by their Last Name.
Click First Name filter to view learners list in descending order by their first name.
By default, system shows all the learners on the view attempts page of a quiz, irrespective of learners submission status. In Teamie, the following submission status are available:
- All: Sum of Not Started, Draft and Submitted status (applied by default).
- Not started: Use this filter to see the list of learners who have not yet started making submission to the quiz.
- Draft: Use this filter to see the list of learners who have started making submission and saved it as draft.
- Submitted: Use this filter to see the list of learners who have already made the submissions and are ready for review.
You can also select multiple combinations, such as selecting learners with Not Started and Draft status and send them reminders to complete the quiz.
6. Click the Submission Status drop-down field. all the submission status (Not Started, Draft and Submitted) will be selected by default. Unselect all the status except Not Started to filter the list of learners who have not yet started making submission to the quiz.
7. Click the Submission Status drop-down field and unselect all status except Draft to filter the list of learners who have started making submission and saved it as draft.
8. Click the Submission Status drop-down field and unselect all status except Submitted filter to see the list of learners who have already made the submissions and are ready for review.
Note: By default, All filter is applied (combination of Pending Review and Reviewed)
9. Click the Review Status drop-down field and select Pending Review filter to see the list of learners whose submission's are pending for review.
10. Click the Review Status drop-down field and select Reviewed filter to see the list of learners whose submissions have already been graded.
Note: By default, All filter is applied (combination of On-time and Late)
11. Click the Late Submission Status drop-down field and select On-time filter to see the list of learners who have made the submissions on time.
12. Click the Late Submission Status drop-down field and select Late filter to see the list of learners who have made the submissions after the deadline.
You will also see a label "Late Submission" for the submission which has been made after the set deadline.
Note: By default, system will show active users from the classroom.
13. Click the User Status drop-down field and select All filter to see the list of learners who are in Active or Blocked state.
14. A block icon appears next to a learner's name indicating that the learner's access to this classroom has been blocked.
15. Click the User Status drop-down field and select Blocked filter to only see the list of learners who are in Blocked state.
How to grade a quiz?
How to view question level statistics for quiz questions?
How to send reminders to learners for materials?