In case your users are using Teamie for different language courses or just to add occasional content, in any language other than English, then the new virtual keyboard will come handy for them. The virtual keyboard will function without the need of changing any configuration setting at the system level and will be present in the editor while users are creating content on Teamie.
Users will be able to use the virtual keyboard while:
- Creating / editing a post
- Commenting / replying on the newsfeed
- Editing lesson pages
- Editing Stories (if enabled on your Teamie site)
This article will guide you on:
As an admin, you can configure the languages that will be present for your site users, to type in, when they are using the virtual keyboard.
By default English (UK) is configured on the virtual keyboard on Teamie.
1. Click the sidebar.
2. Scroll down to the Manage Teamie section and click Configure Virtual Keyboard.
3. On the Configure Virtual Keyboard page, tick the check boxes of the corresponding languages that you wish to enable on the virtual keyboard for your site users.
Although, "English (UK)" is the default language for the virtual keyboard, you need to tick the "English (UK)" check box as well in case you wish to add it to the virtual keyboard along with any other selected language(s). In case no language on the Configure Virtual Keyboard page is ticked, then "English (UK)" will be set as the default language.
4. Click Save configuration at the bottom of the page to save the configuration.
5. Once the new configuration comes into effect, users will be able to see the configured languages on the virtual keyboard in alphabetical order.
Teamie's virtual keyboard currently supports 91 languages. In case you could not find the language you are looking for, you may contact us at email@example.com to discuss the possibility of adding the new language. The list of languages supported by Teamie's virtual keyboard is as following:
- Czech (Programmer)
- English (UK)
- English (US Dvorak)
- English (US)
- Finnish (Sami)
- Japanese (Latin)
- Korean (Latin)
- Portguese (Brazil)
- Sesotho sa Leboa
- Swiss French
- Swiss German
- Thai Kedmanee
- Thai Pattachote