Once you configure a classroom completion certificate for your site, learners would be able to download the certificate, once they have met the completion criteria for a classroom. You can also view and export the report for all the certificates generated and downloaded on your Teamie site.
This article will guide you on:
- Currently we support only one template for the entire site.
- If required, administrators / instructors can download the certificate for a learner.
- Certificates will be enabled for all the classrooms for which completion criteria has been set.
Enabling Completion Certificate on your Teamie site
Completion certificate is a optional feature which can be enabled by an administrator for a site. Awarding Certificate is a Site Level setting and if instructors do not want to award certificate for classroom completion then an administrator can disable this feature.
Prerequisite for this feature is that the completion rules should be enabled for classrooms on the site.
1. Click the Dash sidebar and then click Manage Optional Features under the Manage Teamie heading.
2. Click Enable for the Completion Certificate card.
3. A confirmation message appears. Click I understand. Enable. Enabling this will show a Download Certificate button for learners once they have met the completion criteria for a classroom. You will get a bulletin board notification once the feature is enabled.
4. Similarly, you can disable the completion certificate feature (if already enabled on your site), by clicking Disable on the card and then I understand. Disable on the confirmation message. You will get a bulletin board notification once the feature is disabled.
Configure Certificate Template
As an administrator you can configure the completion certificate template for the certificate that the learners would download once they have met the completion criteria for a classroom. You can configure the following in the certificate template:
- Paper size
- Paper orientation
Let's see how you can configure a certificate.
1. Click the Dash sidebar and then click Certificates under the Manage Teamie heading.
2. Select Configure Certificate Template from the drop down list.
3. The certificate template page opens. The certificate paper size is set by default as A4 (as annotated by '1' in the following screenshot)and cannot be changed and the certificate can be printed to fit the A4 size perfectly. Although, you can select the required certificate paper orientation from Portrait (default) and Landscape (as annotated by '2' in the following screenshot).
Currently, we only support A4 size for certificate template. But, not to worry, as we will be supporting other sizes too in future.
4. Configure the certificate header as per your requirement. You can change the font, size, paragraph format, block styles, insert special character, image, table, links etc and format your content from various formatting options as illustrated in the following screenshot:
5. Similarly, you can configure the content of the certificate. You can add different available tokens into your content to fetch data automatically based on the added token. For instance, in the following example, we have used the tokens, 'User_Certificate:user-full-name', 'Gradebook:classroom-title', and 'User_Group_Completion:user-group-completion-date-time' for automatically fetching the full name of user, classroom title and the Date and Time when user completed the classroom (group) materials respectively.
6. To insert a token, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Tokens.
7. Expand Gradebook, User and/or User Group Completion section as per your requirement.
8. View the description of a token to know more about it. Click on the required token to insert it into the field you've last clicked (for example Content). The token will be added at that place and the corresponding content will be fetched in the learner certificate.
9. Add a footer and edit it as per your requirement using the various available edit, insert and formatting options.
10. Click Preview to check how the Certificate will look like when it is downloaded by the learners. You will also be able to check for any token(s) added in the template.
11. Clicking the Preview button will open the certificate preview in a new tab.
12. Once you are finished with configuring the template, click Save to save changes made to the certificate template.
13. A confirmation message appears stating that your settings have been saved.
You can manage the certificates downloaded by learners by exporting the admin report to track all the certificates generated and downloaded on your Teamie site along with their unique certificate numbers. This export can be done in both CSV or XLS format. You can also filter the certificate downloaded by learners based on their email, name, certificate download date and classrooms. Let's see how you can do it.
Certificate is generated when a user clicks on the Download Certificate button for the first time. Subsequent clicking of the Download Certificate button will download the same certificate that has been generated earlier. Please contact us if a certificate has to be generated again for any user.
1. Click the Dash sidebar and then click Certificates under the Manage Teamie heading. Then select Manage Certificates from the drop down list.
2. The Certificates page opens. This page has the report for all the classroom completion certificates downloaded by users on your site. The certificate name will be in the 'Certificate-<Classroom Name>-Name of User.pdf' format. For example, 'Certificate-General Knowledge-Jessica Karl'. You can filter the certificates based on their email, name, certificate download date and classrooms by selecting the required filters and clicking Apply.
3. In the following example, we are filtering the certificate downloaded by a user's email id.
4. The list of all the certificates downloaded by the user with that email id will be shown. Click Download to download and view the user certificate (in PDF format).
5. You can also export the certificate report from this page in both CSV and XLS format by clicking the corresponding buttons present at the bottom of the page.
6. The report will be exported shortly in the selected format.