Learner progress view shows you learners' progress on the materials and homework (task) posts at a glance. Using this view, the final Completion Status of a classroom will be defined based on a rule that you can set for each classroom.
This article will guide you on:
- Accessing learner progress view
- Understanding colour code for quickly viewing learners progress
- Viewing learners’ material's completion details
- Viewing learners’ task completion status
- Viewing learners’ classroom completion status
- Setting completion rules
- Learner Progress Export Report
- Learner Progress View without Classroom Completion
- By default, the completion rules will be set to “Complete All Materials” for all the classrooms unless you change them.
- Completion rules for any classroom can be changed anytime. But keep in mind that changing the completion rules for a classroom will change its learners’ completion status as per the changed rule.
Accessing learner progress view
1. On the homepage, hover over the required classroom's card and click Dashboard.
2. On the Dashboard page, click the Student Progress tab.
'Student' is a whitelabelled term for 'Learner' and this term may vary for different Teamie sites.
3. You will land on the learner progress view where you will be able to view the learners' progress on the materials and homework posts at a glance.
Understanding colour code for quickly viewing learners progress
The cells will have the following colours so that the teacher can quickly get the progress. They will not have any values inside, and have more details shown on click:
- White: Not started.
- Yellow: In progress. User has started on the lesson, or has a draft attempt for an assessment. On click, you can view the Started on date, Last updated date.
- Red: Not successfully completed. This is when the student has submitted the assessment, but has not gotten the minimum marks required. This will happen only when the score restriction is enabled for each assessment. On click, you can view the Started on date, Last updated date, Attempts/Total attempts and score (if assessment)
- Green: Completed. On click, you can view the First attempted date, score (if assessment)
- Grey: This material is not shared with this particular user (can happen when a lesson is shared with specific teams/users)
The aforementioned color codes are illustrated in the following screenshots:
Viewing learners’ material's completion details
1. To view the completion progress of a lesson for a learner, click on the lesson cell. The details for when the learner has started reading that lesson will be shown along with the first completed date and time.
2. To view the completion details of an assignment for a learner, click on the assignment cell. The details of the score obtained by the learner will be shown along with the time and date when the learner has first attempted the assignment and the last time the assignment was updated (attempted) by the learner.
3. To view the completion details of a quiz for a learner, click on the quiz cell. The details of the score obtained by the learner will be shown along with the time and date when the learner has first attempted the quiz and the last time the quiz was updated (attempted) by the learner.
Viewing learners’ task completion status
1. You can also view the tasks marked as done by any learner from the learner progress view. The task / homework column is situated at the end of the table with all the tasks created in the classroom listed column wise.
2. Click on the required task for a learner to view the completion details. If the learner has marked that task as 'Done', then the time and date at which the task was marked as done will be shown on the click.
Viewing learners’ classroom completion status
1. If all the materials (including offline tests) are completed by the learner as per the set completion rules, then the Completion Status of the classroom for that learner will be marked as Completed.
Learner will be able to view the Completed label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image.
2. If the learner has not successfully completed all the materials as per the completion rules, then the classroom completion status will be In Progress. If the learner has not yet started any materials or any offline test is graded by the instructor, then the classroom completion status will be Not Started.
Learner will be able to view the In Progress / Not Started label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image along with the completion rule that has been set for that classroom.
3. If the learner has attempted / read all the materials, but has not successfully completed one or more materials as per the completion rules, then the classroom completion status will be Not Successfully Completed.
Learner will be able to view the Not Successfully Completed label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image along with the completion rule required to complete the classroom progress.
Setting completion rules
2. Click Set Completion Rules.
3. By default, Complete All Materials will be checked which means learners have to complete all materials (attempt all assessment, read all lessons and instructors have to grade all the offline test for learners) in order to complete the classroom.
4. Tick the Minimum Score checkbox. This will show an input field where you can enter a score (percentage). It can represent either of the following two choices, which can be selected by the two radio buttons:
- Final Score (Gradebook): This option means that the learner's final score column in the gradebook should be greater than the minimum score.
- Each Assessment: This option would mean that each of the learner's assessments should have the score (percentage) greater than the entered minimum score for it to be considered as completed.
Enter the minimum score (percentage), tick the 'Final Score' / 'Each Assessment' checkbox as per your requirement and click Save to apply the changes. The completion status of materials / classroom will change according to the set completion rules as illustrated in the following screenshots:
The following filters are present on the learner progress view for you to quickly search for relevant data:
1. Name: To search users by their first, last name as well as full name.
Clicking onthe learner's namewill redirect you to the learner's profile page.
2. Active/Inactive: To sort the list of users based on their status (by default all active users are displayed in this view)
Select All from the Active/Inactive drop-down to view all the learners (active + inactive) in the classroom.
A new icon will be shown for all the inactive users to distinguish them from the active users.
Select Inactive from the Active/Inactive drop-down to view all the inactive learners in the classroom.
3. Completion status: To search users based on their classroom completion status All (default), Not Started, In Progress, Not Successfully Completed, Completed
Completion status will appear only if classroom completion is enabled on your site.
Select Completed from the Completion Status drop-down to view all the learners who have completed all the materials in the classroom. This completion will be as per the set completion rule in the classroom. In case, the “Classroom completion” feature is not enabled on your site, then the classroom will be considered as completed once a learner reads all lessons completely, submit/takes all quizzes/assignments. In case of an offline test, once an instructor enters the score for a learner on the View Records page, it will be considered completed.
Similarly, you can view learners whose completion status are In Progress and Not Successfully Completed.
4. For classroom completion enabled sites, if a learner has completed a classroom as per set rules, you can click on Completed under the Completion Status column to view the date and time when the learner has completed that classroom.
Click Reset to reset any of the applied filter to default state.
1. The name column header is divided into two - First name and Last name and can be sorted in ascending alphabetical order on first (primary) click and descending alphabetical order on second (secondary) click.
2. Clicking on any materials icon/thumbnail will sort all the learners on the basis of their status for that material. First click will sort the status in the order Not shared, Not started, In progress, Not Successfully Completed (only if classroom completion is enabled on your site), Completed.
3. The Completion Status column will also be sortable. First click will sort it in the order Not started, In progress, Not Successfully Completed, Completed.
Completion status will appear only if classroom completion is enabled on your site.
Learner Progress Export Report
1. Instructors can export the learners progress report for a classroom in the form of an excel sheet. Click the Export Report button on the Learner Progress page.
2. The downloaded excel report will have a couple of sheets, as follows:
- Report Info:
This sheet will include:
- Classroom name
- Exported on date and time along with the time zone
- Completion rule set for the classroom (for classroom completion enabled sites)
- Color code legend for status
- Meta field(s) associated with the classroom
- Completion Status Report / Progress Report:
This sheet will include:
- Learners names
- Meta field(s) associated with the learners
- Learners status Active/Inactive
- Column-wise list of lessons and assessments along with their status for each learner
- Classroom completion status for each learner (for classroom completion enabled sites)
- Completion date and time at which a learner completed a classroom as per the completion criteria that has been set for the classroom (for classroom completion enabled sites)
For assessments, the cells will also show the score e.g. 15 and that assessments column header will show the total score of the assignment (for e.g. out of 20) at the end of the assessment name.
If any filters are applied or any sorting is done on the learner progress view, it will be reflected in the exported excel sheet.
Learner Progress View without Classroom Completion
By default, the Classroom Completion feature is not enabled on Teamie sites. The learner progress view without classroom completion enabled will have all the components except the completion rules and status options. This will give the lesson progress view a simpler look that displays all the published materials and homework posts created for a classroom along with the learners’ progress for them. This is done with the help of the color coded cells. The cells will have the following colors so that the instructors can quickly view the progress:
- White: Not started
- Yellow: In progress
- Green: Completed
- Grey: The material is not shared with this particular user (can happen when a material is shared with specific teams/users. See personalised learning.)
You can write to us at email@example.com in case you wish to enable the classroom completion feature, which will be done at the site level.
As you can see on the above screenshot, the Completion Status column is not present. Also, the "Not Successfully Completed" status will not be present for Teamie site with classroom completion feature disabled. Once a learner reads a lesson completely, submit an attempt for an assignment/quiz, it will be considered as Completed. In case of an offline test, once an instructor enters the score for a learner on the View Records page, it will be considered completed.