Learner progress view shows you learners' progress on the materials and homework (task) posts at a glance. Using this view, the final Completion Status of a classroom will be defined based on a rule that you can set for each classroom.
This article will guide you on:
- By default, the completion rules will be set to “Complete All Materials” for all the classrooms unless you change them.
- Completion rules for any classroom can be changed anytime. But keep in mind that changing the completion rules for a classroom will change its learners’ completion status as per the changed rule.
Accessing learner progress view
1. On the homepage, hover over the required classroom's card and click Dashboard.
2. On the Dashboard page, click the Student Progress tab.
'Student' is a whitelabelled term for 'Learner' and this term may vary for different Teamie sites.
3. You will land on the learner progress view where you will be able to view the learners' progress on the materials and homework posts at a glance.
Understanding colour code for quickly viewing learners progress
The cells will have the following colours so that the teacher can quickly get the progress. They will not have any values inside, and have more details shown on click:
- White: Not started.
- Yellow: In progress. User has started on the lesson, or has a draft attempt for an assessment. On click, you can view the Started on date, Last updated date.
- Red: Not successfully completed. This is when the student has submitted the assessment, but has not gotten the minimum marks required. This will happen only when the score restriction is enabled for each assessment. On click, you can view the Started on date, Last updated date, Attempts/Total attempts and score (if assessment)
- Green: Completed. On click, you can view the First attempted date, score (if assessment)
- Grey: This material is not shared with this particular user (can happen when a lesson is shared with specific teams/users)
The aforementioned color codes are illustrated in the following screenshots:
Viewing learners’ material's completion details
1. To view the completion progress of a lesson for a learner, click on the lesson cell. The details for when the learner has started reading that lesson will be shown along with the first completed date and time.
2. To view the completion details of an assignment for a learner, click on the assignment cell. The details of the score obtained by the learner will be shown along with the time and date when the learner has first attempted the assignment and the last time the assignment was updated (attempted) by the learner.
3. To view the completion details of a quiz for a learner, click on the quiz cell. The details of the score obtained by the learner will be shown along with the time and date when the learner has first attempted the quiz and the last time the quiz was updated (attempted) by the learner.
Viewing learners’ task completion status
1. You can also view the tasks marked as done by any learner from the learner progress view. The task / homework column is situated at the end of the table with all the tasks created in the classroom listed column wise.
2. Click on the required task for a learner to view the completion details. If the learner has marked that task as 'Done', then the time and date at which the task was marked as done will be shown on the click.
Viewing learners’ classroom completion status
1. If all the materials (including offline tests) are completed by the learner as per the set completion rules, then the Completion Status of the classroom for that learner will be marked as Completed.
Learner will be able to view the Completed label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image.
2. If the learner has not successfully completed all the materials as per the completion rules, then the classroom completion status will be In Progress. If the learner has not yet started any materials or any offline test is graded by the instructor, then the classroom completion status will be Not Started.
Learner will be able to view the In Progress / Not Started label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image along with the completion rule that has been set for that classroom.
3. If the learner has attempted / read all the materials, but has not successfully completed one or more materials as per the completion rules, then the classroom completion status will be Not Successfully Completed.
Learner will be able to view the Not Successfully Completed label under the classroom name on the classroom cover image along with the completion rule required to complete the classroom progress.
Setting completion rules
2. Click Set Completion Rules.
3. By default, Complete All Materials will be checked which means learners have to complete all materials (attempt all assessment, read all lessons and instructors have to grade all the offline test for learners) in order to complete the classroom.
4. Tick the Minimum Score checkbox. This will show an input field where you can enter a score (percentage). It can represent either of the following two choices, which can be selected by the two radio buttons:
- Final Score (Gradebook): This option means that the learner's final score column in the gradebook should be greater than the minimum score.
- Each Assessment: This option would mean that each of the learner's assessments should have the score (percentage) greater than the entered minimum score for it to be considered as completed.
Enter the minimum score (percentage), tick the 'Final Score' / 'Each Assessment' checkbox as per your requirement and click Save to apply the changes. The completion status of materials / classroom will change according to the set completion rules as illustrated in the following screenshots: