With Teamie - BigBlueButton integration, you can create online video conferences/meetings in your Teamie classrooms. These conferences can then be joined by members of the classroom through Teamie. A calendar event will be created with the link to the conference for joining it.
Note: This feature is an optional feature. Kindly contact your site administrator or write to us in case you wish to enable this feature on your Teamie site.
This article will guide you on:
As an instructor, you can create a BigBlueButton video conference in your Teamie classroom by leveraging the Teamie - BigBlueButton integration. This conference can then be joined by all the users of the classroom. Let's see how you can create a BigBlueButton video conference in your Teamie classroom.
1. Click Calendar on the top navigation bar.
2. Then, click + Add event to add a calendar event.
3. The Add event screen opens. Enter the event title.
4. Add the From and To date and time for the calendar event.
5. Click to tick the Enable Video Conference checkbox.
6. Then, select the classroom for which you wish to create this event.
You cannot add a calendar event, in which BigBlueButton setting is enabled, for multiple classrooms in a go.
7. Enter the description of the event, if required. Then, click Create Event.
8. A confirmation message appears and a calendar event will be created for all the member of the selected classroom.
9. A bulletin board and an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) will be sent to all the learners of the classroom about the created calendar event.
1. Once a calendar event with BigBlueButton conference is created, you can access that from your Calendar listing. All the learners of the classroom will also receive a notification for the calendar event creation.
If enabled, you can mark learners' attendance for a calendar event (with BigBlueButton conference enabled) as well
2. Once the calendar event or the notification is clicked, the event pop-up will open up. The calendar event will have the BigBlueButton conference details to join the meeting.
2. Click the here link to join the meeting.
3. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the BigBlueButton conference page where you can join the video conference.
4. Once you join the conference, you will be able to see the participants in the conference and any chat conversations going on among them.
2. Click the trash icon at the bottom right of the calendar event pop-up.
3. A confirmation message appears. Click Yes to permanently delete the BigBlueButton calendar event.
4. A confirmation message appears. The calendar event will be deleted.
5. Learners will receive a bulletin board notification as well an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) for the deleted calendar event.
6. Learners will no longer be able to access the calendar event, once they are deleted.
If recording is configured for your site, you can record video meetings for other people to watch later. You can record if you are the conference organizer.
1. Once you have joined the BigBlueButton conference, click Start Recording as per your requirement.
2. Click Yes to start recording.
3. The recording will begin.
4. Click to Pause recording. Then, click Yes for the confirmation.
5. You can click the ellipsis and then choose End meeting to end the meeting.
6. A confirmation message appear. Click Yes to end the meeting. The meeting will end and all users will be disconnected.
7. Once the meeting is ended, the meeting link will expire for all users on Teamie.
If any recording was done during the BigBlueButton video conference, it will also get attached to the BigBlueButton conference calendar event for all the users of the classroom/module. Users can click it to access the recording.