Messages allow users to communicate with each other privately. As a user you will be able to send messages to other users who are in the classrooms that you are part of. Such users are also known as your connections and they appear in the People block of the classroom.
This article will guide you on:
1. Tap More menu on the home screen.
2. Scroll down the More screen and then tap Messages menu.
2. The messages screens opens. All your messages will be shown here. A message can have one or more conversations from you and the recipient.
Tap Create Message icon to send a new message to your connections.
3. In the To field, start typing the name of the connection to whom you want to send the message. Names of your connections that match the entered string will appear in the drop-down. Select the relevant connection from the drop-down.
Repeat this step to send the same message to multiple connections.
4. Type in the Subject of your message (optional) in the Subject field and the text of your message in the Message field.
5. In case you wish to add file attachment to your message, click + Attach File to upload a file from your device.
You can attach only one attachment per message.
6. Tap Send to send the message to your connection.
7. The message will be sent to the recipient shortly. Once you send a message, you will be able to see it on the Messages listing screen.
Reading and replying to a Message
1. Go to More menu and you will see the number of unread messages as a badge. This is the number of messages that are unread. Tap Message menu to go to messages listing screen and read the unread messages.
2. By default, the latest message will be highlighted in bold letters. Tap on the unread message to see its content.
3. Once you tap a unread message, it will be marked as read.
4. Key in the reply text in the reply box that appears below the actual message and tap Send to send a reply to the sender's conversation.
5. The system will initiate the sending process and the reply will be sent shortly.
6. You will also be notified by the bulletin board notification whenever you receive a new message.
Deleting a message
1. Tap Messages menu from the More screen.
2. On the Messages listing screen, click the message that you wish to delete.
3. Tap delete icon at the top right corner of the message.
4. A confirmation message appears. Tap Delete to delete the message permanently or Cancel to abort the action.
5. The message will be deleted permanently.
Deleting messages in bulk
1. On the Messages listing screen, click Edit at the top left corner.
2. Once you tap on Edit, all the messages will be selected by default for deletion.
3. Tap Unselect All at the top right corner and select the message(s) of your choice that you wish to delete.
4. Select the message(s) of your choice and then tap Delete button at the bottom right corner.
5. A confirmation message appears. Tap Delete to delete the message(s) permanently or Cancel to abort the action.
6. The messages will be deleted permanently and will no longer be shown on the messages listing screen.