Instructors can share posts (thought, question or homework post) with parents of the learners who are part of their classroom(s). These posts are known as parent posts as they allow instructors to communicate posts to parents of learners, without requiring the parents to be added to any specific classrooms/groups.
As a parent, you:
- will not be able to view any comment/replies made on any parent post
- will not be able to like or see existing likes on a parent post
- will not be able to see participation, or take any action on the post
- will not be able to report the post
- Will be able to see the post content, including all attachments
- will be able to see any attached poll and its result, but will not be able to participate in the poll
- will be able to see the deadline for a homework post, but will not be able to Mark as done, or see the number of people who have marked the post as done
This article will guide you on:
1. As a parent if you are not part of any classroom(s), then the parent posts will be shown under the Posts from Children's Groups section on the homepage.
In case a parent post is shared as an announcement, then you will receive the notification either as a bulletin board notification, email, or both as chosen by the instructor.
2. If you are part of any classroom(s), then the parent posts will be shown under the Newsfeed section on the homepage. The parent posts, i.e, the posts that are shared from your child's classroom will be shown with a Parent label.
3. You can also access the Posts tab of your child's classroom in which the parent posts have been shared and view the parent posts on the classroom's newsfeed.
Take note that only the parents posts will be visible to you and not any other posts shared in that classroom.
The post when viewed in your child's classroom newsfeed will not have the 'Parent' label as all the posts shown to you will be parent posts as you will not have any access to any other posts shared in your child's classroom, unless you are added to that classroom.
You can also filter the posts by its type and by its From and To date on the classroom newsfeed. You will also be able to view the Todos/All Events, if any, on the right side of the newsfeed.
In case you are part of any classroom(s), then you will able to filter the posts on the homepage newsfeed using the following filters:
- All Groups: To view the posts from all the classrooms, i.e your classrooms and your child's classrooms (selected by default)
- Only My Groups: To view the posts only from the classrooms that you are part of
- Only My Children's Groups: To view the posts only from the classrooms that your children are part of
You can also use other available filters, such as, type, created from and to date etc, to filter the posts on the homepage newsfeed.