WIth Teamie - Google Hangouts Meet integration, you can create online conferences/meetings in your Teamie classrooms. These conferences can then be joined by members of the classroom through Teamie. A calendar event will be created with the link to the conference for joining it.
Note: This feature is an optional feature on top of the existing Google integration. Kindly write to us in case you wish to enable this feature on your Teamie site.
This article will guide you on:
Creating Google Hangouts Meet Conference on Teamie
As an instructor, you can create a Google Hangouts Meet conference in your Teamie classroom by leveraging the Teamie - Google Hangouts Meet integration. This conference can then be joined by all the users of the classroom. Let's see how you can create a Google Hangouts Meet conference in your Teamie classroom.
1. Click Calendar on the top navigation bar.
2. Then, click + Add event to add a calendar event.
3. The Add event screen opens. Enter the event title.
4. Add the From and To date and time for the calendar event.
Any recordings done during the From and To date and time will be added to your Google drive and will also be attached to the calendar event. See this article for more details on recording a video meeting.
5. Click to tick the Enable Google Hangouts Meet checkbox.
6. Then, select the classroom for which you wish to create this event.
You cannot create a calendar event, in which Google Hangouts Meet setting is enabled, with more than one classroom.
7. Enter the description of the event, if required. Then, click Create Event.
8. A confirmation message appears and a calendar event will be created for all the member of the selected classroom.
9. A bulletin board and an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) will be sent to all the learners of the classroom about the created calendar event.
Accessing Google Hangouts Meet Calendar Event
1. Once a calendar event with Google Hangouts Meet conference is created, you can access that from your Calendar listing. All the learners of the classroom will also receive a notification for the calendar event creation.
2. Once the calendar event or the notification is clicked, the event pop-up will open up. The calendar event will have the Google Hangouts Meet conference details.
Joining Google Hangouts Meet Conference from Teamie
2. Click the link to either join online or by phone. In this scenario, we are joining online by using the link in the calendar event.
3. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the Google Hangouts Meet conference page. Click Join now to join the conference.
4. Once you join the conference, you will be able to see the participants in the conference and any chat conversations going on among them.
Editing a Google Hangouts Meet Calendar Event
Calendar events with Google Hangouts Meet enabled cannot be edited. They can only be deleted, if required.
Deleting a Google Hangouts Meet Calendar Event
2. Click the trash icon at the bottom right of the calendar event pop-up.
3. A confirmation message appears. Click Yes to permanently delete the Google Hangouts Meet calendar event.
4. A confirmation message appears. The calendar event will be deleted.
5. Learners will receive a bulletin board notification as well an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) for the deleted calendar event.
6. If a learner tries to access the calendar event from the notification, they will see the following message.
Recording a Google Hangouts Meet Conference
If recording is enabled by a G-Suite administrator, you can record video meetings for other people to watch later. You can record if you are the conference organizer or in the same organization as that person.
Click here to read more about recording a video meeting.
1. Once you have joined the Google Hangouts Meet conference, click the ellipsis and select Record meeting.
2. Click Accept on the consent message after reading it to record the conference.
3. The recording will begin.
4. Click Stop recording to stop the recording.
5. Once the recording is stopped, it will be saved in your Google Drive.
6. The Google Drive recording will also get attached to the Google Hangouts Meet calendar event, once its 'To' date and time passes.
Only the recording done between the 'From' and 'To' time of the calendar event will be attached to calendar event. Kindly note that it may take up to 10 minutes for the recording to get attached to the calendar event on Teamie.
7. You can also access the attached recording from your Google calendar. The name of the attached recording will include the classroom's name for which the calendar event is created for on Teamie.