The classroom navigation menu are tabs provided on the left side inside a classroom that helps you access different classroom's areas like posts, materials and so on. Once you have logged into Teamie platform, you will see that the landing page (also called home page) is divided into two sections, the first section shows the list of classrooms that you are a member of, whereas the second section shows the list of posts from all your classrooms.
This article will guide you on:
1. On hovering over a classroom, you will see the following tabs as shown in screen-shot provided below which allows you to access the required page with a single click.
- Posts tab shows all the posts in the classroom which has been shared by the classroom members.
- Materials tab shows the list of all the published materials of the selected classroom.
- Gradebook tab is the page where you can see the grades, scores and feedback of all published assessments.
You can also see the list all your classrooms/social groups along with your starred classrooms from the sidebar. In case the classroom name is long, it will be wrapped over two lines in the sidebar. Any text longer than two lines will be truncated in the middle.
2. You might also see the following labels on the classroom card:
a) Currently Reading - Your teacher/instructor can mark a published material (lesson, assignment and online quiz) as the Current material. So, you will be able to quickly access the current material from the card view of that classroom by clicking the material title shown next to the Currently Reading label.
b) Next to Read - This label helps you access the next to do material directly from the classroom card view.
The system will display only one of the label for a classroom at a time and the Currently Reading label will take priority.
3. Click the Classroom card of your choice to go to its landing page.
4. By default, you will be taken to the Posts tab where you will see all the posts (announcements, thought, question and homework/task) which have been shared by the classroom members.
5. You may use the FILTER BY HASHTAGS section to filter the posts which are linked to a specific hashtag.
6. Click MORE FILTER to expand and then apply the filter of your choice. For example, in the following screen-shots, we have applied Task filter to fetch all the task posts shared in this classroom. We can then easily mark them as done.
7. Once the filter is applied successfully, you will see the total number of task posts available in that classroom.
8. Click Mark as done for a task post so that it can be considered as completed. Once, a task post is marked as done, it will stop appearing in your To-Dos.
9. The moment you click Mark as Done, the label will be changed from Mark as Done to Done which indicates that you have successfully completed the given task.
10. Click the Materials tab to see the list of all published materials of the selected classroom.
Materials tab have the 4 tabs across the top and by default you will land on the All Materials tab of the classroom where all the materials (lessons and assessments) will be listed in their respective sections. The 4th tab (Student Projects) will be shown only if it is enabled on your Teamie site.
12. Click the Lessons tab to see all the published lessons in their respective sections.
13. Click the Assessments tab to see all the published assessments in their respective sections.
14. Click the Student Projects tab to see the list of project assignments created by you.
By default, all your projects assignments will be saved in draft mode and can only be published by your teacher.
15. Click Read to read a lesson. You can also click Read Again button to read a lesson that you have already read before.
16. To read a SCORM lesson, click the required SCORM lesson and then click Read to launch the SCORM content. Please see the Reading a SCORM lesson article for more information.
17. Click Submit button to attempt an assignment. Please see the Attempting an assignment article for more information.
18. Click Take again to make an another attempt to the assignment. You may click View My Attempts button to view the previous attempts made to the assignment.
Note: You will not see Take again button if the maximum number of attempt limit has already been reached or if the teacher has published scores for your previous attempts.
19. Click Take button to take the quiz. Please see the Taking quiz article for more information.
20. Click Take again to make an another attempt to the quiz. You may click View My Attempts button to view the previous attempts made to the quiz.
Note: You will not see Take again button if the maximum number of attempt limit has already been reached or if the teacher has published your scores for the previous attempts.
21. You can view the scores of an offline test in the list view once the scores are published by your teacher.
22. You won't be able to access the lessons if its Available Till date has passed or if the lessons is set to be published on a future date.
23. Similarly, you won't be able to access the assessments if its Deadline has passed or if the assessment is set to be published on a future date.
24. However, you can click View My Attempts button to see your attempt(s) of an assessment whose deadline has passed.
25. By default, all the materials of the classrooms will be shown including the materials that you have completed and/or that are unavailable (due to passed deadline, future available date, or learning progression). Both the completed materials toggle and the unavailable materials toggle will be enabled by default.
Tick Click to hide completed materials toggle to hide the completed materials. Click again to enable it.
26. Tick Click to hide unavailable materials toggle to hide the unavailable materials. Click again to enable it.
27. When you access the materials listing page of a classroom, all the published materials will be displayed in list view. To switch from list view to grid view, click the Grid view button.
28. To switch from grid view to List view, click the List view button.
29. Click the Sessions tab to see the list of upcoming and completed events.
These are the training calendar events which helps bring offline workshops and classroom based training programs on Teamie. Your site administrator will have access to create, manage and deliver blended learning programs through a single platform. Click here to know more.
30. The sessions are divided into two categories:
- Upcoming - displays the list of events/workshops which are open for registration.
- Completed - displays the list of events/workshops which have been completed successfully.
31. You can see the event's details (such as Title, Start / End date, etc) on the Sessions listing tab. Click the Register button of the corresponding event to register yourself.
32. Click the Stories tab to see the list of stories created by you and your classrooms members.
- My Stories - will list only the stories created by you and shared with this classroom.
- Stories Feed - will list all the stories created by other classroom members who have shared their stories with this classroom.
The Stories tab will be available on if it is enabled on your Teamie site.
33. Click the Gradebook tab to view scores, grades and feedback for all the assessments. All the assessments will be placed in their respective sections.
You will not see any scores, grades and feedback if your assessment hasn't been graded. You may click the View attempt button of the graded assessment to view your submission.
34. Click the Meetings tab to see the list of upcoming WebEx events, if WebEx integration is enabled on your Teamie site.
35. Click the Messages tab to see all your conversations in the left pane. By default, the latest conversation will be expanded. A conversation can have one or more messages from you and the recipient. You can click on any conversation in the left pane to see its messages in expanded view on the right.
Click + New Message to send a new message. Please see the Sending a message article for more information.
36. Click the People tab to see the list of all classrooms members.
37. You may search for a particular user by entering the user's name in the Name search box or filter the users by their role.
38. Click the Ellipses (...) tab and then select the Leaderboard menu which displays the rank of the users in the classroom's leaderboard. Click here to know more about classroom leaderboard.
39. Click the Ellipses (...) tab and then select the About tab to see the basic information about the classroom.
40. Click Unenrol from the class / social group button to unenrol (exit) from the classroom.
Note: You may not see this button if cancel your membership permission is not granted to the student/learner role on your Teamie site.
41. In case, classroom completion feature is enabled on your site, then you will see a Download Certificate button on the classroom cover image.
When you have met the completion criteria that has been set for a classroom, the Download Certificate button will be automatically enabled to download the classroom completion certificate. Click Download Certificate button to download certificate. Click here to know more about classroom completion certificate.
You can also see the current classroom completion status right below the classroom title. Click Classroom progress and completion to know more about classroom progress and completion.