The exciting thing about this revamp is the ability to configure different landing pages for different customers. We have tried to introduce these enhancements without making drastic changes to the existing layout configured for your site. And we have outlined below different options which are available for site admins to choose from. So, without further ado, lets jump to different configurations that are available for the landing page.
This article will guide you on:
1. The standard landing page layout will show four classroom cards in a row instead of three. Two classroom rows will be shown by default.
2. You can tap the View All n Classroom & Social Groups button to view all your classrooms and social groups (if any). Similarly, you can tap the Hide All n Classroom & Social Groups button to go back to the initial state. Here n is the total number of classrooms and social groups that you are a part of.
3. In case you have starred some classroom(s) and social group(s), then only those will be shown on the homepage for quick access.
4. You can view all your classrooms and social groups with one click.
5. You can quickly access the Posts, Materials, Gradebook, and the Dashboard tab (instructors only) of a classroom by hovering over the classroom card.
6. Learners can quickly access their next materials / current material from the classroom cards.
7. In case users have a large number of classrooms, they can easily fit them on your screen by using the Compact view.
8. The compact view provides a closely packed look to accommodate more classrooms and social groups in the same space. This can be especially useful for users with a large number of classrooms. Despite being compact, it conveys a bunch of information, such as the number of new posts in the classroom and the next to read / current material along with the ability to star the classroom.
1. This configuration, if enabled on your Teamie site, will always display the Calendar sidebar as open and fixed on the right of the landing page. Following screenshot shows the learner view.
2. This view is helpful for institutes and enterprises who wish to keep learners informed of the deadlines and engaged at all times with the task in hand. Furthermore, the always open sidebar helps learners to quickly navigate to the materials submissions and mark their tasks as done.
3. Similarly, instructors can see the submissions and completion status of materials and tasks for the upcoming events at all time and navigate to them quickly using the Calendar sidebar.
4. Similar to the standard landing page configuration, this configuration also has a compact view to show a large number of classrooms at a glance.
As you can see from the following screenshots, four classrooms are shown as opposed to the three classrooms of the standard landing page view. This is done to accommodate the fixed Calendar sidebar.
We have introduced a single-column newsfeed instead of the previously present two-column newsfeed. The single-column layout makes it easier for learners to view the latest posts in a reverse chronological order. Also, the increased size of the posts make it visually appealing and adds to a better user experience. Lets see how the new newsfeed works with the aforementioned two landing page configurations.
1. This combination of standard landing page with single-column newsfeed layout incorporates four classroom cards in a row followed by the newsfeed.
2. The newsfeed filters are housed on the right side of the newsfeed with improved functionality, such as badge count for new tasks and announcements, and a revamped latest comment/post toggle.