Using the Teamie - Zoom integration in calendar events, instructors can link online Zoom meetings to events created directly in their Teamie classrooms/modules. These meetings can then be joined by the members of the classroom through Teamie. As an instructor, you can enable Zoom Meetings as an option while creating events for their classrooms. Let's see how it is done.
As an instructor, you can create a Zoom meetings in your Teamie classroom by leveraging the Teamie - Zoom Integration in Calendar Events. This meeting can then be joined by all the users of the classroom. Let's see how you can create a Zoom meeting in your Teamie classroom.
For the integration setup, you will need to have a valid Zoom account, which will be mapped to their Teamie account during the setup process.
1. Click Calendar on the top navigation bar.
2. Then, click + Add event to add a calendar event.
3. The Add event screen opens. Enter theevent title.
4. Add the From and To date and time for the calendar event.
5. Click to tick the Enable Zoom Meeting checkbox.
In case both Google and Zoom accounts are mapped for a user, then both the ‘Enable Zoom Meeting’ and ‘Enable Google Hangouts Meet’ option will be available for the user to tick.
6. Then, select the classroom for which you wish to create this event and generate an online video conference that can be joined by all members of this classroom.
You cannot share a calendar event, in which Zoom Meeting setting is enabled, with more than one classroom.
7. Enter the description of the event, if required. Then, click Create Event.
8. A confirmation message appears and a calendar event will be created for all the member of the selected classroom.
In case the host is not a valid zoom user, then the following error will be shown:
In case the alternative host is not a valid zoom user, then the following error will be shown:
9. A bulletin board and an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) will be sent to all the learners of the classroom about the created calendar event.
1. Once a calendar event with Zoom meeting is created, you can access it from your Calendar listing. All the learners of the classroom will also receive a notification for the calendar event creation.
2. Once the calendar event or the notification is clicked, the event pop-up will open up. The calendar event will have the Zoom meeting details.
2. Click the link to join the meeting online.
3. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the Zoom meeting page. Click Start to start the conference.
4. Once you join the meeting, you will be able to see the participants in the meeting and any chat conversations going on among them along with other Zoom meeting features, such as, sharing screen etc.
5. You can also record the meetings as per your site configuration.
6. Once the meeting is done, you can end the meeting for all participants.
2. Click the trash icon at the bottom right of the calendar event pop-up.
3. A confirmation message appears. Click Yes to permanently delete the Zoom meeting calendar event.
4. A confirmation message appears. The calendar event will be deleted.
5. Learners will receive a bulletin board notification as well an email notification (if enabled in the notification preferences) for the deleted calendar event.
6. If a learner tries to access the deleted calendar event from the notification, they will see the following message.
2. Click the Record button in the Zoom meeting to start the meeting and once the recording is started, you can also pause/stop the recording.
3. Once the meeting is done, the recordings (if available) will be linked to the event based on the site-level configuration for the Zoom recordings.
There will be a site-level configuration to choose between the following options for the Zoom recording:
Recording to be available on Zoom:
- In this case, the recording will be available as a link which opens Zoom in a new tab.
- If a password is needed to view the recording, it will be shown alongside the recording link. The user will need to enter the password when prompted in the new tab before they can view the recording
- Based on Zoom settings, it is possible that the recording will not be available after a period of time.
Recording to be available on Teamie:
- In this case, Teamie will be download and store the recording from Zoom.
- A download link will be provided to download the recording(s) directly without the need of any password.
- This recording will not expire after any period of time.
The following case shows how you can download the video and audio recordings when the recordings are available on Teamie.