As an instructor, you can give feedback (textual or audio) on any learners' submission. In case you wish to to use the feedback that you have already provided or want to save frequently used comments, then you can do that with the help of the comments back feature.
You can save any comment that you have made on a submission and then use it again as per your requirement while giving feedback for an assessment [assignment, quiz, offline test and student projects (if applicable)].
This article will guide you on:
1. Hover over the required classroom's card and click Materials.
2. Click View Attempts to view all the attempts made by the learners on the required assessment.
3. Click View Attempts link for the required learner.
4. On the attempt page, click the ellipsis of the comment and select Save Comment. You can also add new feedback in the form of comment and then select Save Comment for them.
5. A confirmation message appears and the comment will be saved. Similarly, you can save other comments, if any.
Only the textual content of the comment will be saved; no audio attachments or tagged rubric criteria will be saved.
You can find view the saved comment(s) in your locker.
6. The comments with only audio recording and no textual content, will not have any option to save that comment.
In case you delete a comment after saving it, it will not be deleted from the locker and vice versa.
You can use the comments that you have saved earlier while giving feedback in the future. While adding the feedback, you can search the saved comments at the following three levels:
- Assessment – the system will fetch the saved comments from a particular assessment while a teacher is adding feedback/comment onto another student’s submission for the same assessment.
- Classroom/Module – the system will fetch the saved comments from all assessments within a classroom and show it to the teachers to choose from the auto suggestion list.
- Global – the system will fetch the saved comments from all assessments shared across all classrooms you are part of.
1. While adding the feedback, type # in the comment box. By default the Global setting for the saved comments is set and you will see the latest 4 comments out of all the comments that you have saved on the site level.
To search any saved comment (at any level) other than the latest 4 comments, start typing the comment after the # and the matching saved comments will be shown for you to select.
2. Click the settings icon and select Assessment to update your preference and search the saved comments at the assessment level.
3. Type # to view the latest saved comments at the assessment level (feedback added on the submissions made for that assessment).
4. Click the settings icon and select Module to update your preference and search the saved comments at the module level.
5. Type # to view the latest saved comments at the module level (feedback added on the submissions across all assessments in that classroom).
6. Once you have selected the required saved comment, you can add audio recording, if required and then click Submit to submit your feedback for the learner attempt.
7. Similarly, you can used saved comments when adding a comment to a rubric criterion. Click Rubric.
8. Then, click Add Commets for the required rubric criterion.
9. Type # and the latest saved comments will be shown as per the set level (Assessment/Classroom/Global).
10. Select the required saved comment and add audio recording, if required. Then, click Submit to add the feedback for the rubric criterion.
You can view all the comments that you have saved from all your classrooms from your locker.
1. Click the sidebar and select Locker.
2. Click the Saved comments tab.
3. All your saved comments across all your classrooms will be shown on this page. The name of the assessment in which the comment was saved will be listed along with its classroom/module name.
Only the textual content of the comment will be saved and shown in the locker.
4. You can filter the comments by matching text and / or the classroms in which the comments were saved. You can click Reset to reset the saved comments.
5. Click the trash icon for a comment to delete it from the saved comments.
Deleting a saved comment from the locker will not delete the original comment in the assignment. You can save the comment again and it will get added to your locker again.