Gamification provides a unique way to engage users on a platform by adding elements that encourage engagement by rewarding user participation. Badges help achieve an even higher level of engagement & stimulate collaboration within teams and also motivate individuals to achieve more on the platform. Badges are awarded to both "Learners and Instructors" for their activities on the platform over time. Lets see how it works for the learner role.
Badges are given at a site-level, i.e, a user is awarded a badge on meeting the required criteria at the site level, such as submitting 10 attempts across all the classrooms will award the corresponding badge. The highest badge that learners are awarded, most recently, will also be reflected on the newsfeed posts that they have created.
This article will guide you on:
All the badges mentioned above will have five levels of achievements:
Bronze being the lowest level of achievement for a badge and Diamond being the highest. Learners need to achieve a predefined count of an activity in order to move to a higher badge level.
To earn a bronze badge, 10 counts of an activity needs to be done. For example, a learner will be awarded a Bronze Collaborator badge when they have posted at least 10 thoughts / questions. Similarly, for posting 20, 30, 50, 100 posts, learners will be awarded badges of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond respectively.
Note: The aforementioned badges can be configured on request and can vary from site to site, for e.g. one of the badges can be disabled from our end if it is not required on your site.
Learners will be awarded the following badges on the basis of these activities:
- Collaborator: Awarded to learners for creating thoughts and questions (excluding draft/scheduled posts)
- Participator: Awarded to learners for posting comments and replies (including anonymous comments/replies)
- Trendsetter: Awarded to learners when their posts become popular (popular posts are those with at least 10 likes, comments and replies of users, excluding the post creator)
- Disciplined: Awarded to learners for marking task/homework posts as done
- Knowledgeable: Awarded to learners for reading lessons
- Erudite: Awarded to learners for submitting attempts to quizzes and assignments
- Reflective: Awarded to learners for creating stories
1. Tap More menu from the bottom navigation bar.
2. Tap VIEW ALL BADGES button on the More screen.
3. All the badges will be listed on the Badges screen.
4. An achievement label will be shown on the badge to show the highest level of achievement gained by you for the badge. For example, in the following screenshot, the learner has achieved BRONZE level of achievement for Knowledgeable badge.
5. Tapping on a badge will open its detailed view. This view shows the level of achievement(s) earned by a learner.
6. Tapping on an achievement level will show the activity count required to earn the next level of achievement for that badge.